No Specials Available at this time
MINI Tire Maintenance & Rotation
How Often Should I Check The Tires On My Car or SUV?
What Are Optimal Tire Pressure And Tread Depth Levels On A MINI?
How Do I Check Tread Wear On My MINI Tires?
- Find out with the penny test. Place a penny within your tire's tread with Lincoln's head inverted. If you're able to see all of Lincoln's head, you should get new tires.
- Or perform the quarter test. In the event the tread touches Washington's head, you've got at the very least 4/32 inch of tread remaining and you ought to begin tracking your tires closely.
- Lastly, you can examine tread depth by your tire's indicator bar. The indicator bars are located at the bottom of the tread grooves. Whenever these indicator bars become visibly flush with the adjacent ribs, this is the visible warning sign that your tire really should be replaced.
How Do I Assess Tire Pressure?
- Get a tire pressure gauge. The gauges attached to air hoses and compressors at service stations often aren't as accurate as handheld gauges due to a lack of upkeep and excessive use. The cheaper metal dial tire gauges will be adequate to get a decent reading of tire pressure.
- Know it's far better to check tires when they are cold; cold means they've been sitting for a while. Driving warms up tires and causes air to expand.
- Remove the tire valve cap and insert the tire gauge securely on top of the valve. This will push the air through the gauge, producing a reading.
- Compare the reading to your pressure guide and then top off your tire with air as needed.