Brake Repair FAQ - MINI of Anchorage
Getting Brake Repairs in Anchorage: How to Know if They're Necessary
- Brakes that feel soft or "squishy" whenever you press down on the brake pedal.
- The car drags to a particular side as you are applying the brakes.
- The steering wheel shakes when you're braking.
- Brakes that seem to pulse down and up as you brake.
- The entire vehicle rattles as soon as brakes are applied.
- A squealing sound occurs while braking.
How Frequently is Brake Repair Necessary?
For many elements of your car's servicing, you will find a predetermined agenda and time frame of when you can expect to need servicing; oil changes, tire rotations and multi-point inspections each have a definite mileage when they're necessary. In terms of your brakes, though, there is no set service schedule, which will mean you will have to use your individual knowledge of your car or the expertise of a Anchorage brake repair expert to know if service is necessary. How regularly you'll need brake repairs in Wasilla or Anchorage is usually impacted by the amount you drive as well as where you drive. For example, if you drive no more than 5,000 miles a year, yet it's primarily in heavily populated places with stop-and-go-traffic, your brakes will likely wear out more quickly than someone who drives 25,000 miles a year on the spacious freeways. Should you hear or feel any one of the given symptoms you may possibly need brake servicing, contact MINI of Anchorage right now to arrange your brake repairs in Anchorage immediately.
IMPORTANT RECALL INFORMATION: Some of our pre-owned vehicles may be subject to unrepaired safety recalls. Check for a vehicle's unrepaired recalls at safercar.gov.